Contact information

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Winter is coming

My how summer flew by. Autumn is coming soon. Tonight we covered the plants we want to save from frost. They are predicting lows in Taos of 37. With our elevation, there is a chance we could get a freeze. Our tomatoes are loaded and I would hate to lose them. The plants that are doing the best are the ones my dad hybridized. Mom's rose bush has really taken off here and has buds once again.

The alpacas are eating more....way more. The Pyrs, Nieve and Wheeler, are enjoying the cooler temperatures. They are doing lots of rolling and tumbling.

I do love the fall, as it ushers in my favorite time, winter. But I thought we would have more time before a freeze. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment