Contact information

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Simple pleasures

 
At least for me, it is sometimes the very simple pleasures that I over look.  This morning I was focused on getting Rock out the door and on the road early, and getting the scooping done and getting 16 quadrupeds fed.  I could have missed it entirely.  Gotta go, gotta go

We put out the malamutes Hope, Eli & Faith and they were overly exuberant.  They always are so energetic and happy in the morning, I just blew it off, even though I briefly thought they were a bit more rambunctious than usual.  We got the cats fed and headed out the door to the pasture, checking our watches. Gotta go, gotta go.

There were feed troughs to fill, pans to fill and move in case it rains (oh please let it rain), there was scooping to be done and very little time to get all chores done and Rock on the road.  Gotta go, gotta go.  I charged into the hay barn to start loading up the feed.  I turned to see alpacas pronking with glee and racing up and down the arroyos.  The Pyrenees were  rolling and tumbling together as if once again puppies.

It was just enough of an interruption in my thoughts to jar me to pay attention.  It was cool, cooler than it has been in weeks.  We had enough rain last night that the ground was still wet.  The air was incredibly clean and clear.  The aroma of pinon was everywhere.  The dusty, smoky smell was all gone.  It was like a grand do over.  And I almost missed it.  Just another lesson learned from animals…..celebrate the small things

No comments:

Post a Comment